Whether you’re a brand-new entrepreneur or a seasoned business professional, the Entrepreneur’s Organization can provide you with expert advice, industry insights, and friendly support. Around the globe, there are over 188 EO chapters comprised of tens of thousands of business owners just like you. And now, for every aspiring businessperson in Minnesota, there are several new opportunities to experience all the benefits of the EO.
Benefits of Joining the EO
The EO was founded back in 1987 to educate and support entrepreneurs in their business endeavors, and it continues to live up to these same core values today. Members who decide to take part in the organization can expect perks such as:
- Peer forums. Monthly peer-sharing forums allow you to connect, share ideas, and form deep friendships with fellow business professionals. EO member and founder of Spanx, Sara Blakely says, “I attribute so much of Spanx’s success to the advice I’ve received from these brilliant business owners in the trusted, confidential EO format.”
- Chapter events. At local chapter events, you can get to know more about your community, improve your leadership skills, and engage in exciting off-site activities. These fun monthly events can even expand your network and help you form new partnerships!
- Global events. Throughout the year, you’ll have the opportunity to network and learn from others outside of your chapter during EO Global Universities and EO Global Explorations.
- Executive education. There are a number of different programs offered by the EO, including the Entrepreneurial Management Program, the Key Executive Program, and the London Business School Growth Forum. Govindh Jayaraman, President and CEO of GreenStop, Inc. says, “I feel lucky to be a part of the Entrepreneurial Masters Program. The focus, structure and setting are incomparable to anything I have ever experienced.”
- Mentorship. For 10-12 months, you can have regular meetings with a mentor to gain new insights regarding your business decisions and your own personal goals. You’ll be expertly paired with a knowledgeable, successful professional who can provide great advice and support throughout your entrepreneurial growth.
How to Get Started
If you would like to join a local Minnesota EO charter, you must be the owner, founder or majority stakeholder of a business that has earned at least $1 million in the most recent fiscal year. If you meet this criteria, here’s what you can expect from the application process:
- Click here to fill out your application. Once it’s complete, your local chapter will review it and then contact you for an interview.
- Members of your chapter will schedule an interview to discuss the reasons why you would like to join the EO.
- As soon as you’re accepted, you will gain immediate access to the forum, chapter events, global events, and the rest of the benefits listed above.
- Within the first 3 months of your membership, you will go through an orientation with an EO staff member and you’ll be placed in a forum.
For expert advice, peer support, global networking opportunities, hands-on learning experiences, and countless other benefits, check out the EO Minnesota webpage to learn how you can improve and expand your business in no time!