Deciding to launch your own company takes an immense amount of personal passion and dedication, but that doesn’t mean it should be a solo venture. Entrepreneurs have to learn how to balance the technical aspects of their company with building their network and connecting with other business leaders in order to ensure the success of their business ideas. However, this is often easier said than done.
Entrepreneurs often struggle with questions about entering the competitive business world: Where do you start with creating a business network? How can you form beneficial partnerships with other companies? What do I need to know about starting a business today? All these questions, and countless more, have been answered and addressed by the thousands of members who are part of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization.
What is the Entrepreneurs’ Organization?
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) first began in 1987 as a program to encourage the personal development and the continuing education of business leaders. Within just a few years of launching, the small program expanded from 57 members to an international organization with multiple chapters, events, and a board of directors. Today, EO has over 13,000 members in 58 different countries who have access to the multiple benefits the organization provides for early entrepreneurs and established business owners alike. It remains the world’s only peer-to-peer network designed just for entrepreneurs.
What Programs EO Offers Entrepreneurs
EO members are entrepreneurs who are all personally dedicated to supporting other entrepreneurs around the world while promoting sustainable development goals. The welcoming and encouraging community of the EO have provided resources for a wide range of leaders, from aspiring entrepreneurs who are still in school to older adults who want to further expand their companies. Those who are a part of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization have access to the following beneficial programs:
EO Global Student Entrepreneurship Awards (GSEA). EO recognizes the talent and hard work of students who are operating a company while they’re still earning their degree by holding this incredible global contest. The finalists of the contest can earn cash prizes up to $25,000, gain global recognition for their business ideas, and greatly expand the reach of their company.
- EO Accelerator. This program is designed specifically for early entrepreneurs who want to quickly launch their company and learn the basics of running a business. The mission of the Accelerator program is to give business leaders the right knowledge to earn more than $1 million through their company.
- EO Mentorship. The EO mentorship program gives emerging business owners the opportunity to connect with successful entrepreneurs who are willing to share their knowledge. The partnership can last for several months and then the mentee is encouraged to “give back” and become a mentor themselves to keep the cycle going.
- Executive Education. Any type of business leader can learn new practices and improve their company by staying up-to-date on the latest technologies and developments, which is why EO has created several programs for people to continue their education.
Advantages of Getting Involved with EO
The business world is intensely competitive and it can be tough for your business to gain the attention it deserves when you try to achieve success on your own. If you’re passionate and dedicated to your idea, why not get involved in a global community who can offer encouragement and support along the way? By joining the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, you could experience these major advantages:
Chapter events. With 186 chapters around the world, there’s likely an EO chapter near you! These events are held multiple times a year, allowing entrepreneurs to network, learn about emerging businesses, improve their business strategies, and much more.
- Forums. EO offers its members the opportunity to be in a confidential forum of 7-10 other entrepreneurs to provide each other with support and ideas for their companies. Members love the format of forums so much that some have remained in a specific group for several years and have developed close relationships with the other members.
- Global events. EO global events allow hundreds of business leaders from around the world to connect with each other and participate in different networking opportunities, various workshops, training experiences, and conferences.
- Healthnetwork Foundation. Self-employed business leaders may not know where to turn for quality healthcare for themselves and their families, so this is where the Healthnetwork Foundation can help. This program makes it easy for entrepreneurs to get high-quality healthcare from some of the best hospitals in the US, and even EO members in other countries can have access to some types of health services.
If you’re a business leader who wants to expand their network and become more involved with other successful entrepreneurs, consider applying for membership in the Entrepreneurs’ Organization to experience the countless benefits, advantages, and events this global organization can provide!